Little Rock, AR (Otter Creek)
: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
5C Office and Clerical/Tellers
: Full-time position – 40 hrs/wk (M-F, includes Sat rotations)
Under supervision and guidance of the manager, the Teller I is responsible for assisting customers in daily processing of financial transactions through exceptional, accurate and prompt service. The incumbent must have superior customer service skills and cash
handling ability; Exercises trustworthy service, courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others; Participates in business development through the attraction of new customers and recognizes additional banking needs of current customers. Self-drive to grow
in and develop knowledge and understanding within the bank through various training opportunities in order to best service customers is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Consistently deliver phenomenal customer service through aggressive friendliness accompanied by honest, positive and confident behaviors.
- Contribute to the overall branch goals through intentional conversations and relationship building with customers and non-customers in order to determine products/services best suited for their needs.
- Cross-sell all bank products/services; Make appropriate referrals to the proper bank representative.
- Accept deposits, checks for cashing, loan payments, cashier’s checks and cash advances; Request authorization for transactions above assigned limits.
- Examine checks for proper endorsements, verify legality of documents, identify counterfeit currency, and ensure proper account authority for individual completing transaction.
- Ensure proper control of cash drawer with the ability to balance daily.
- Successfully complete compliance training; Adhere to internal controls and procedures; Understand and comply with bank policies as well as regulations and laws applicable to your position.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations through utmost confidentiality.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required or assigned.
- Included in Saturday work rotations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Champion the MNB mission statement with pride and enthusiasm
- Perform all aspects of your position with a cooperative and teachable spirit
- Support all other team members, providing assistance and encouragement to ensure service is provided in the most efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate in the sharing of new ideas that will enhance customer experience, boost employee morale and drive the company’s bottom line
- Take advantage of volunteer opportunities surrounding the bank
- Exhibit professionalism at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED required
- One (1) year customer service experience required
- Cash handling experience and/or related experience in financial services preferred
Team member must be able to
- Arrive at work on time and adhere to a regular work schedule
- Occasionally work overtime
- Provide transportation to attend required training/meetings at designated locations within the bank
- Cooperatively work with and effectively communicate with customers, general public and other team members of the bank regardless of personalities or communication style
- Read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Exhibit appropriate decision making skills in the absence of certainty
- Multi-task and rotate job tasks with seamless flexibility
- Handle and diffuse stressful situations by functioning in a calm and positive manner; Self composure is required at all times.
- Efficiently use standard office equipment (i.e. desktop/laptop computer, scanners, printers, copiers, fax, 10-key calculator, multi-line telephone system, etc.)
- Effectively display software skills (Word Processing/Typing, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database usage)
- Capable of working independently or in a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This position requires manual dexterity; to regularly stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to talk and hear; the employee must occasionally bend, stoop, or kneel.
The employee may frequently be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.; occasionally up to 20 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is not considered safety sensitive as defined by the MNB Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without
MNB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status as a protected
veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other basis that may be determined by law.