Deposit Operations/Fraud Specialist
: Operations Team Manager
5A Office and Clerical
: Full-time position
Under general supervision and guidance of the Operations Team Manager, the Deposit Operations/Fraud Specialist will provide exceptional support and clerical service specific to MNB retail teams insuring compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures,
and legal requirements while performing various accounts monitoring and reporting. The incumbent will have full working knowledge and access to BSA software to assist the Fraud/BSA Specialist in regularly monitoring and identifying fraudulent or suspicious
activity. Work is highly confidential in nature and involves the skilled use of a computer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Consistently deliver phenomenal customer service through aggressive friendliness accompanied by honest, positive and confident behaviors (in-house and on the phone)
- Provide timely and accurate service to both internal and external customers
- Display working knowledge of Teller and CSR procedures and responsibilities in order to offer support to MNB retail teams, to include research and problem solving abilities
- Research customer inquiries and provide resolution on DDA and Savings Accounts
- Reactivate dormant accounts for CSR/Tellers
- Provide quality assistance with ATM, ACH, and Internet services
- Enter and maintain stop payment orders, internal hold orders, and customer monitoring orders
- Exhibit clear understanding of when and which stop/hold orders should be established
- Exhibit clear understanding of REG CC holds to properly maintain those entered by the frontline
- Exhibit clear understanding of REG D violations
- Set-up and maintain account auto transfers
- Set-up and maintain e-statement addresses for account delivery, recognizing potential breaches of customer privacy and working to resolve potential issues with the frontline
- Attain full working knowledge and daily access to and monitoring of Yellow Hammer, Customer Fraud Detection System and BSA software
- Exhibit full understanding of how to detect fraudulent or suspicious activities surrounding DDA, Savings, CD, IRA , or Loan account transactions
- Report all concerns of fraudulent or suspicious activity to Operations Team Manager
- Assist in development and implementation of fraud procedures
- Crosstrain in other Deposit Operation positions in order to assist team members and serve as a backup when necessary
- Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations through utmost confidentiality
- Perform any other related duties as may be required or assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Champion the MNB mission statement with pride and enthusiasm
- Perform all aspects of your position with a coachable spirit
- Support all other team members, providing assistance and encouragement to ensure service is provided in the most efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate in the sharing of new ideas that will drive the organization’s bottom line
- Participate in volunteer opportunities surrounding the bank
- Exhibit professionalism at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree or related work experience/training in business fields (e.g. accounting, business admin, finance) equivalent to two (2) years of college required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a bank or other financial institution required
- Knowledge of AML related regulations (Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, etc.) preferred
Deposit Operations/Fraud Specialist must be able to
- Effectively support Supervision
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm
- Exercise trustworthy service, courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others
- Demonstrate excellent communicate skills (both oral and written)
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Manage assigned tasks effectively and independently while meeting time constraints
- Read, understand and comply with documents (e.g. policy manuals, laws, regulations, internal procedures and controls, etc.) and exercise independent judgement, initiative, and discretion based on knowledge of such in performing daily activities
- Multi-task and rotate job tasks with seamless flexibility
- Provide transportation to attend required training/meetings at designated locations within the bank or as required
- Proficiently type on a keyboard
- Efficiently use standard office equipment (i.e. desktop/laptop computer and software, copier, scanners, printers, fax, 10-key calculator, multi-line telephone system, etc.)
- Proficiently use MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Exhibit professional appearance and manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This position requires manual dexterity; to regularly sit; use hands to finger, key data, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to talk and hear; the employee must occasionally stand, walk, bend, stoop, or kneel.
The employee may regularly be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting.
This position is not considered safety sensitive as defined by the MNB Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without
MNB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, status as a protected
veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other basis that may be determined by law.