Assistant Branch Manager
Little Rock, AR (East End)
: Branch Manager
: Full-time position: 40+ hrs/wk (M-F)
Under supervision and guidance of the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for providing full support to the BM with operations and team members at the branch location. The incumbent is responsible for assisting customers in daily processing
of financial transactions through exceptional, accurate and prompt service, while providing guidance and assistance to other team members in meeting their goals; Responsible for the daily operations, opening and closing of branch, and expanding the customer
base through successful selling of bank products; Performs the job in a manner that will enhance the quality of service provided to our internal and external customers. Self-drive to further grow in and develop knowledge and understanding within the bank through
various training opportunities in order to best service customers is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Assist branch manager to supervise all branch operations and oversee day-to-day operations, audit teller cash drawers, vault cash and safe deposit keys. Review all associated logs.
- Monitor employee activities, assist with problem resolution, and take appropriate action to ensure work standards, sales goals, and schedules are maintained.
- Consistently deliver phenomenal customer service through aggressive friendliness accompanied by honest, positive and confident behaviors.
- Contribute to the overall branch goals through intentional conversations and relationship building with customers and non-customers in order to determine products/services best suited for their needs.
- Cross-sell all bank products/services; Make appropriate referrals to the proper bank representative.
- Successfully complete compliance training; Adhere to internal controls and procedures; Understand and comply with bank policies as well as regulations and laws applicable to your position; Adhere to both internal and external audit requirements.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect bank operations through utmost confidentiality.
- Promote positive bank image within the community which may include representing the bank in local organizations and events. Engage in business development and customer relationship activities within the branch.
- Function as a Teller/CSR; included in Saturday work rotations.
- Train or assist at another branch as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Champion the MNB mission statement with pride and enthusiasm
- Perform all aspects of your position with a coachable spirit and leadership mentality
- Support all other team members, providing assistance and encouragement to ensure service is provided in the most efficient and effective manner
- Collaborate in the sharing of new ideas that will enhance customer experience, boost employee morale and drive the organization’s bottom line
- Participate in volunteer opportunities surrounding the organization
- Exhibit professionalism at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum four (4) years banking experience required
- Minimum one (1) year Supervisory /Managerial experience required
- One (1) year of sales experience preferred
Assistant Branch Manager must be able to
- Exhibit ability to effectively support Supervision and assist in leading a team of associates
- Create an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm
- Provide transportation to attend required training/meetings at designated locations within the bank
- Confidently handle escalated concerns and effectively communicate with customers, general public and other team members of the bank regardless of personalities or communication style
- Assist team in understanding of documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Display an understanding of sales targets and production
- Exhibit appropriate decision making skills in the absence of certainty
- Multi-task and rotate job tasks with seamless flexibility
- Handle and diffuse stressful situations by functioning in a calm and positive manner; Self composure is required at all times.
- Efficiently use standard office equipment (i.e. desktop/laptop computer, scanners, printers, fax, 10-key calculator, multi-line telephone system, etc.)
- Effectively display software skills (Word Processing/Typing, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database usage)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This position requires manual dexterity; to regularly stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; to talk and hear; the associate must occasionally bend, stoop, or kneel.
The associate may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
There are no harmful environmental conditions that are present for this position. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without